Warning: Illegal string offset 'src' in /home/beingman/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/vipers-video-quicktags-migrator/vipers-video-quicktags-migrator.php on line 322
Microsoft announced the full release of Office Web Apps recently which meant OneNote went live. I wanted to try out the sync between OneNote. Well, I did and I’m pleasantly surprised at how smooth it. Here’s a demo video of the sync:
This can be enabled on a per-notebook basis and to do this:
- Head into backstage (click File)
- Under ‘Info’ choose the Notebook you want share, click on the icon and select Share. Screenshot:
- Choose the Web for Share On and choose the rest of the options as per your requirement.
- Press Select Notebook at the bottom. Screenshot:
And that’s it. You should now I see your OneNote notebook in the folder you specified.
The drawbacks that I came across are:
- Won’t sync inserted audio/video. Understandable for first release.
- Won’t sync text highlights or drawings (it does sync inserted picture files)
This looks quite exciting. My only problem for now is that I can’t sync the cloud and desktop to my mobile. I tried but didn’t work and from what I know, this should work seamlessly on Office 2010 on WP7.