As I said in the last post, Microsoft plans to use the Windows Phone 7 strategy for the tablet segment as well. For the tablets, Microsoft might define the hardware specifications like in the case of WP7. The leaked documents give us a rough idea of the requirements:
- 9” diagonally (not mentionedx768 px)
- Direct X accelerated GPU
- Automatic screen orientation
- 3 Axis Accelerometer
- Ambient light sensor with adaptive brightness
- Wireless LAN and mobile broadband radio
- camera for face-recog based log-in and social networking
The interesting addition to Windows 8 for tablets is a feature Microsoft calls – Attention Tracking. Think if you’re playing a game and someone disturbs you, today, we curse the hell outta that person. But, Microsoft has a solution. If the device notices you moving your head away from the device, the game will be paused. How cool is that!
Some more coming up.