After a no-event for Windows 7 launch, Microsoft India has been quite active on social media for Office 2010’s launch. Microsoft India has been quite generous and will be giving way two Office 2007 licenses via me (India only)
What: Two licenses of Office 2007 Home and Student that can be upgraded to Office 2010 for free.
Why Office 2007: because Office 2010 isn’t available to general public till next month.
Where: One license via this blog and one via my podcast – Microsoft Talk.
You can participate for the giveaway via the blog in the following ways:
Leave a comment: feedback about Office 2010 or why I am awesome.
Tweet the following: RT @manan Office 2010 New Features and Giveaway — http://bit.ly/czXncu
Post a question regarding any Office 2010 product feature or Microsoft Office in general here – Studio @ Microsoft Talk
I’ve done quite a few posts on the new features in Office 2010:
- Office 2010: New Features
- Office 2010 Beta New Features & Changes
- [Update: Screen Shots] Microsoft To Integrate Outlook With Social Networks
- A Look At The Social and Collaborative Features of Microsoft Office 2010
- Office 2010 Features: Read-Out-Loud & Quick Translation
- Welcome To Office Web Apps – First Look
- Quick Look At Office Mobile 2010 For Windows Mobile 6.5
- Add Your Name To Microsoft Office 2010’s Global Name-Dictionary
As part of the launch, there will be a virtual launch on the 25th and 26th of May. The sessions will be hosted by fellow MVPs and I will be doing one too, you can register for them at meraoffice.com.
The virtual launch will be followed by Community Launch Events. The details are available on office.merawindows.com
UPDATE: Winner for one license was decided and contacted via email. The second winner (for Microsoft Talk) is yet to be announced.
UPDATE #2: Since people don’t trust me and want to know whether I indeed did give away the license. Here are the names of the winners:
- Winner for the contest on my blog: @tsuvik
- Winner for the contest via podcast (declared on 14th July): Animesh Jain
I hope the Google employees trolling my blog are satisfied.